A Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) is an area outside a designated U.S. Customs port of entry in which goods can be imported and stored duty
and quota-free. The South Jersey Port Corporation operates FTZ #142 in the Port of Salem and at the Millville Airport, providing
customers with significant business and financial advantages.
An FTZ allows businesses to:
SJPC can assist you to explore FTZ opportunities for your business.
- Import and store goods duty free indefinitely
- Process imported goods to lower your costs
- Import for eventual re-export goods that are subject to a quota or a high duty rate
- Destroy or re-export defective goods and waste materials without paying duty on them
- Hold goods above quota levels until the next quota period